View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanloumary
Social Officer

re: Guild gathering events. Important.

Hiya folks, 

You all may have noticed gathering events have started to appear in the in-game calendar again.  I feel now raiding has begun, now is the time to restart these activities.

Why do we do this?

Raiding can be expensive.  As well as personal expenses for your character, raiding puts huge demand on the guildbank for resources for food and flasks.  As legion has only just begun many of these materials needed are hugely expensive , gathering as a group makes it easier on everybody.

What is my reward?

I have decided that competitions for gathering didn't draw in as many people in WoD as I would have liked.  This time it will work a little differently.  

There won't always be a reward.  This will be entirely random and chosen entirely on my part (Hannah).  Some events will have a reward but you won't know until said event is completed.  Other events will not have any reward.  Rewards will also be random in terms of value.  You could win gold, a pet or a small pile of fish.  Or you could win a mount.

All participants of the event , where a reward has been designated, will /roll.  The highest roll wins the reward.  

The nitty gritty:

Gathering events will appear in the calendar twice a week.

Days:  Wednesday and Thursday

Time:  19:45 (REALM TIME) 

Duration: 20-30 minutes approx.

Meeting point: Dalaran

Host: Jéwél (Hannah)

What will I be collecting?  The calendar will specify what materials you will be collecting that day.  A herb event will appear once a week, whilst meat and fish gathering will take it in turns.  Upon arrival you will be instructed what particular type of material to collect. 

The event is not restricted to raiders.  We welcome social members who want to help out their fellow guildies. 

If on the day , not enough people have signed , I will make personal invites to all raiders (for meat and fish gathers) and raiding herbalists (for herb gathers).  It will be then up to you to accept or decline.

Please note this time falls right in the middle of my son's bedtime so sometimes I may have to send you out to gather and go slightly afk.  I can always gather stuff myself another time.

What is expected of me?

• All raiders are expected to attend at least 1 event each week. If I notice certain raiders have not attended any in a number of weeks - you may have won a personal up and close chit chat time with me...and no its not as good as it sounds!
  • Try your best - I do not expect after 20 minutes , for example, for you to come back and hand me 5 herbs.
  • All materials are to be handed to me (Hannah) at the end of the event so I can see how much of what we have.  I will then post all materials to the GB.
  • If you sign - be there.  This is just something I'm a personal stickler for.  Don't annoy the fun fuhrer ;p
  • I do not care where you get the mats from.  If you feel like being lazy and buying some stuff from the ah.  Do so.  A donation is a donation.  Please bare in mind if you opt for this option make sure it is a fair amount compared to those people who have gone out into the world.  You will still be expected to hand the materials to me before the raid.

Can ALL raiders please sign/type/acknowledge they have read this below. 

Many thanks, happy gathering!

Love, Han x

Spárrx
The New Guy

Can mine, fish & gather meat.

I dont really feel like a reward is needed, but I'd be glad enough to /roll if one is being offered.
If the guild is going to pay for my flasks, im more than happy to give you my time in exchange.

..What is it that goblins always say? ;)

Mokakki
Admin

For the Fun Führer!

Hanloumary
Social Officer

Spárrx wrote:

..What is it that goblins always say? ;)

Time is money friend ;)

Gnawgrim
Guild Master

They say:

"Gnawgrim is a better trader".

Acknowledgifiedical. Personally, it'll be herb gathering on Cliff. Or fishing (urgh) on Gnawgs.

B1ffa

I'm good for Wednesdays not Thursdays and will gather what ever is required.  No need for a reward here - where possible I will also make the flasks/gems/enchants as required

Akaike_
The New Guy

Read/signed for 1st fishing event ;p

Hanloumary
Social Officer

Rewards ARE unnecessary.  But they are fun!  It just adds something a little extra to it , like if you run a dungeon in chance for loot or running in open world and get a nice drop.  :)

Samisix
Cock Obsessed

Lazy as I am I'll make appropriate donations every now and then. Sorry but I'm tired from work as is.

Hopefully Gnawgs has spent the money from my donation last weekend and gotten us all flasks for tonights raid :D \o/

o/ Heil Hannah!

says more than a thousand keywords.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Primordial Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum